EasyOver is an application created for the nonlinear static analysis of new and existing buildings (pushover analysis), which interfaces with the well-known finite element program Strand7.The application has the following features:
- Automatic processing of Moment-Curvature diagrams of beam elements based on the reinforcement entered by the user and on solicitations acting on the elements themselves;
- Calculation of non-linear reinforced concrete walls modeled with Plate/Shell elements according to the following models: Modified Compression Field Theory (MCFT) for slab elements and Disturbed Stress Field Model (DSFM) for wall elements (models developed by Prof. Frank Vecchio, University of Toronto).
Automatic calculation, for each of the two main directions of the building, of the following load distributions:
- distribution proportional to the fundamental mode in the direction considered;
- distribution calculated by combining modal responses from a response spectrum analysis of the building;
- analysis of different modes of vibration in the case of irregular buildings and calculation of the load profile corresponding to the equivalent modal shape (Valles, 1996);
- distribution proportional to the masses;
- adaptive distribution, continuously updated during the analysis, to reflect the progressive stiffness degradation of the structure. This distribution considers the contribution of multiple modes of vibration, updated at each load step.
The program develops the capacity curve of the building for each load profile considered and calculates the seismic demand, by transforming the structure in an equivalent elementary elastoplastic oscillator (N2 method and method of Casarotti and Pinho  for adaptive analysis), and finally performs the verification of the ductile elements (ie in terms of chord rotation) and the verification of the fragile elements (namely shear verifications in beams and in beam-column joints). The reference standards are the Italian NTC2008 and the Eurocode 8.
The application is provided with displaying (through contour maps) the tests performed on beam elements and the stress and cracking state of plate elements and generates a calculation report in Word format (.docx).
Discover the potentiality of EasyOver. Look at the examples in the video gallery section.